• If you have had any type of lip surgery, consult with the physician about how long you should wait before having a Permanent Makeup procedure on your lips. Most physicians recommend having lip filler injections like collagen, Juvaderm, or Restylane 8 weeks after the permanent makeup.
• If the lip surgery involves an incision (like a lip implant) the incision needs to mature about 1 year before tattooing on top of it.
If you get cold sores you will need an antiviral prescription. Physicians usually instructs to begin taking it 2-3 days before procedure, and 7-10 days after the procedure to help control the viral outbreak. These prescription medications are Zovirax, Famvir, or Valtrex.
• If you are planning a eyeliner treatment and are a contact lens user, please wear or bring your lenses/eye glasses to all appointments.
• Do not wear contact lenses during any procedure involving your eye(s).
• It is recommended to have a driver available or "on-call" to drive you home following a procedure involving your eye(s).
• Do not schedule an appointment prior to major events, such as a vacation, wedding, social outing, etc. as you will have to wear an aftercare ointment on your procedure site(s) for one week following the procedure(s).
• If you are required to take antibiotic medication prior to seeing your dentist, you will need to take antibiotic medication prior to having your procedure done.
• It is necessary to be off Accutane for one year, prior to all procedures. It is necessary to be off Retin A or Renova for 30 days, prior to a procedure.
• Try to avoid aspirin products, naproxen, Naprosyn, ibuprofen, ketoprofen, Advil, Vitamin E, and Niacin for 7 days prior to all procedures unless medically necessary. Tylenol is okay.
• Do not have laser procedures, use chemical peels, or use topical hydrocortisone on the brows for 3 months before the procedure.
• Avoid alcohol consumption for 3 days before all procedures.
• Take a Benadryl the morning of the procedure, and have some available to use over the next two days
• If you cannot tolerate eye pencils, or having someone work around your eye, see your doctor and get a muscle relaxant and/or an anxiolytic agent (Xanax/Valium) to take the day of the procedure.
• You will need straws (lip procedure), napkins for blotting lips, Q-tips to apply ointments, OTC pain relievers, and a good book or movie. Do not plan the procedure right before going on vacation because you will need about 3-7 days of healing time. You may not be able to avoid sun, wind, or other items listed in post-procedure instructions.
Do bring sunglasses to wear home. Eyes may be light sensitive.
• Do not dye or perm lashes for 2 days prior.
• Do not use an eyelash curler the day of the procedure or for 7 days afterwards.
• Do not use Latisse or bimatoprost glaucoma medicine within 2 weeks of the procedure.
• Do not have eyelash extensions on. These must be removed before the procedure.
• Please have unwanted hair removed no later than 48 hours before procedure.
• Do not dye brows for 2 days prior.
• Do not use electrolysis, laser hair removal, or IPL light for a week prior.
• Do not use glycolic acid or alpha hyroxy acid creams for 2 weeks before the procedure.
• If you are a regular Botox user, have the eyebrows done right before you are due another series of Botox injections.
Lucky Lady Tattoos &
120 South Second Street
Richmond, KY 40475